Saturday, April 7, 2012

Stateside 2012


As a brief overview of our trip to the States we saw many friends and family, got some time for rest and relaxation, and ate some really great food. Here are some pictures from our trip:

The Hulk at Universal Studios Orlando

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

Hogsmeade

Hogwarts!

The pictures were talking to each other.

Dawn French- the Fat Lady.

The Sorting Hat

Butterbeer! Yum!

Mark, Lee, Chas, Todd, James, and me at Universal

The major event and reason why we were in the States: March 24- Ordination and Consecration of Bishop Greg Brewer! This was a beautiful service and is now posted on YouTube (part 1, part 2).

Rev. in front of the Bishops

The Bishops Consecrating Greg Brewer as a Bishop

Right Rev. and Mrs Brewer announced

Celebrating after the consecration

As it turns out, my good friend Shannon Weber married Matt Wolf the day after the consecration and Todd and I were able to go see this awesome event and spend time with some friends that I haven't seen in a while. We had a blast and I feel very lucky to have been able to be there!

Matt and Shannon Wolf!

Friends from University at the beach-side wedding reception: Jen, Liz, Ann, me, Jonelle, Steph

Sunset on the beach

We got together for breakfast the next morning- Bride and Groom came too!

My parents came down for the consecration and stayed for a vacation. Todd and I got to spend a few days with them in St. Pete where we went to the beach, shopped, and got to visit with my grandmother and her sisters.

St. Pete Pier- Feeding the Pelicans



Aquarium at The Pier

Diner breakfast with my mom, me, Aunt Gwen, Aunt Barbara, my grandmother, Todd and my Dad (taking the picture).


We also spent a few days in New Smyrna. We had great food here, did some shopping, and spent more time with family. We stayed in a very nice condo right on the beach.

Balcony view from our beach condo
We had a great time and it was nice to be able to visit with so many people who we love and miss. We were pretty spoiled with the tons of sunshine and warm weather that we got on our trip and as appropriate we returned to England while it was raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment