Thursday, September 29, 2011

Back in the UK



When we arrived back at our house, along with our foot high grass, this was in our back yard. I had left my beautiful tomato garden that had such potential, hoping to come back and find juicy tomatoes on the vines, but I got this- A tomato graveyard. : (  The cold finally did them in. I now understand why all the Britons here grow their tomatoes in greenhouses.



On a happier note, I went back to school this week! I am a student at Newcastle University studying for an MRes in Immunobiology. It has been 9 years since I've been a full time student. So far, it has just been boring orientation stuff, but so far so good.

Kelly's first day of school! Age 31, Grade 17

So I know first day's of school are all about the new school clothes, but instead I went with a new school bag, used (new to me) Banana Republic jeans (from the best Salvation Army in Philly) and new socks for my first day!




The thrift store jeans were a "short" size, but evidently, not short enough for me. I had to hem just an inch by using this super easy and great looking technique.



Socks. There's just something about a new pair of socks that makes me happy to wake up in the morning! I thought I'd add a picture of them, just cause they don't get any exposure in the first photo.





The last "Back in the UK" item I have to report is for my mom.  Mom- Maggie loves her new dryer ball!



1 comment:

  1. Glad all was well with your return. Thinking of you guys over there always makes me smile. You did forget to stand in front of a big tree for your 'back to school' photo, though. Take care, all of you.

    Joel

    ReplyDelete